Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for Building Maintenance and Messenger in our Oklahoma City, Oklahoma office. Primary duties include providing light duty general building maintenance. Receiving deliveries at the warehouse, sorting and distributing office equipment, supplies, packages and mail to all title plants and escrow branches; assist in tracking of all escrow files for imaging department and warehouse.
- Provide minor repair and maintenance at all locations. Examples include but are not limited to changing light bulbs, unclogging toilets and drains, repairing minor leaks, replacing damaged ceiling tile, adjusting door closers, repairing doors, changing or repairing locks, minor furniture repair, move furniture and office equipment, clean, sweep, or spray the sidewalks as needed, and shovel snow or ice as required.
- Distribute office supplies, fill and ship or deliver office supplies throughout the building, branches, or agents.
- Receive, pickup, sort, and deliver all incoming mail and packages. Process all outgoing mail and packages for delivery. Ensure items are picked up each evening by the Postal Service, FedEx, or other approved carriers.
- Maintains a schedule and completes deliveries in time allotted.
- Picks up and delivers abstracts, title policies, legal documents and other items as requested within the main office, branch offices or various businesses.
- Picks up and delivers legal documents to include documents from the following departments: Taxes, Legal, Recording and Escrow.
- Handles special pickup and delivery requests as necessary.
- May walk up to four more or less miles per day.
- May drive up to 210 more or less miles per day.
- Trains new Messenger when necessary.
- Receives and distributes all outside purchases. Delivers purchases to various locations.
- Prepares and expedites packages or shipments via Federal Express or another approved carrier.
- Prepares files to be stored on-site or to be transferred to off-site storage.
- Minor furniture repair; move furniture and equipment.
- Separates scanned files and arrange for storage.
- Assist all offices in moving furniture and boxes as needed.
- Assists customers and closers in retrieving files or information from files.
- Performs other related duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Mechanically inclined with basic building maintenance knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Typing and basic computer skills.
- Ability to use hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, active, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect position).
- May be exposed to fumes, noise, vibration, and extreme temperatures, wet and / or humid environments. Possible hazards could include mechanical, chemical, electrical, radiant energy, explosive, and burns.
- Must be able to spend most of the day standing and/or walking.
- Must have a valid Oklahoma driver's license.
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime and adjust to changes in schedule, as required.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Due to the nature of the job, person must routinely make movements that involve their whole body exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and constantly lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. This includes walking and climbing stairs while carrying 50 lbs. Walking, standing and sitting long periods is required. Ability to stoop, lift, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, and balance may be required. Must have ability to do repetitive motion. Handling fragile or cumbersome materials could be part of daily tasks.
- 3 - 5 years
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.