Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for an Escrow Title Abstractor in our Oklahoma office. In your role of Escrow Title Abstractor, you will determine items to include or exclude in the Abstracts or any other type of Searches and any other forms of title evidence that is required of the abstractor.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Able to read and understand all type of legal descriptions.
- Determines and arranges documents to be shown in abstract or other forms of title evidence in proper sequence to create "Chain of Title" on property as requested on the order.
- Determines names to be searched and lists relevant judgments, Bankruptcies, etc.
- Searches various indices as required to complete searches i.e.: Tract Books, Microfiche and the Computer.
- Handles customer inquires relating to search work.
- Obtain tax information from the County Assessors and Treasurers offices.
- Obtains information from the County Court House, i.e.: Court Cases and status on court,
- Compiles the Title Evidence, types caption, certificate and sends out the abstract.
- Prepares invoices, if required.
- Must be able to understand and comprehend the Title Examinations Standards Handbook by the Oklahoma Bar Association.
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Prefer abstracting experience, with on the job training.
- Abstractor's License from the Office of Auditor & Inspector of State of Oklahoma.
- OLTA Basic Abstractors School.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 1 - 3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.