Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for a Title Underwriter in our Oklahoma office. In your role of Title Underwriter, you will put key data into Ramquest from the examiner's opinion onto the commitment, which sets forth all the pertinent information of the transaction to be closed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparing invoices, faxing and/or emailing other documentation to outside customers on transactions the title company is not closing.
- Order court and property gap report from Abstracting to update commitment as required.
- Must be able to understand and comprehend the Title Examination Standards Handbook by the Oklahoma Bar Association.
- Entering data into Ramquest from the various information and documents provided after closing to the Final Title policies and Endorsements.
- Reviewing the documents for correctness and accuracy and insure all documentation is complete in order to issue the policy.
- Review surveys and communicate problems/issues with surveyor/engineer.
- Work closely with other departments and staff as appropriate.
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 1 - 3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.